I’ve said this before and I’ll point it out again -
Menstruation is caused by change in hormonal levels to stop the creation of a uterine lining and encourage the body to flush the lining out. The body does this by lowering estrogen levels and raising testosterone.
Or, to put it more plainly “That time of the month” is when female hormones most closely resemble male hormones. So if (cis) women aren’t suited to office at “That time of the month” then (cis) men are NEVER suited to office.
If you are a dude and don’t dig the ladies around you at their time of the month, just think! That is you all of the time.
And, on a final note, post-menopausal (cis) women are the most hormonally stable of all human demographics. They have fewer hormonal fluctuations of anyone, meaning older women like Hilary Clinton and Elizabeth Warren would theoretically be among the least likely candidates to make an irrational decision due to hormonal fluctuations, and if we were basing our leadership decisions on hormone levels, then only women over fifty should ever be allowed to hold office.
- Every year on your birthday, you are visited by yourself from one year in the future. This year, no one shows up.
- Describe each day of the week as if it were a person.
- Write a story that begins with a word randomly picked from the dictionary.
- You wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of your books speaking to each other. Which books are speaking, and what are they saying?
- A story about discovering that a certain religion (or your own) has been proven to be true.
- Or, alternately, discover that your current religion (or your character’s) has been proven to be false.
- Write a scene immediately following a tragedy. You may give hints to what the tragedy could be, but you cannot reveal what it really is/was.
- Your main character becomes self-aware and realizes they’re living in a fictional story.
- Write about the person you are know, meeting the alternate version of yourself at the same age you imagined you would be at a younger age.
- Write a story from the viewpoints of a pen and paper being used to write a story.
- Write a story in just six words.
- You ride a subway through underground New York City and discover you can remember the pasts of your fellow passengers.
- What, exactly is a soul mate? Get creative.
- A short story about yourself, writing a novel. In the same short story, the main character of your novel begins writing a novel about you.
- You discover the lampposts on your street are watching and gossiping about you.
How to tell if it was a gunshot or fireworks: gunshots don’t echo, fireworks do.
thaNK YOU SO MUCH
the fact that anyone might commonly need to know this terrifies me
clearly you’re not from america
I have to know everything.
How the hell else am I supposed to take care of you?
Nebula and Gamora: adopted sisters, daughters of Thanos.
A MOMENT OF SILENCE FOR THE FILM THAT COULD HAVE BEEN, Nebula always turning her head to the side, rounding her shoulders, even her posture screaming I’m ready, let me prove myself to you, and Gamora, head high, facing forward, smirk always curling the edges of her mouth, Try it, fucker, I dare you. The two of them as teenagers, sharing space in one too-small shuttle pod, ferried to or from wherever their next training destination was, Gamora using her warm fingertips to trace dirty pictures into the condensation on the window while Nebula laughed softy along. The dark rage in Nebula’s eyes as Gamora clung to the door of their bedroom, pleading, It doesn’t have to be this way, he’s not our father, we don’t owe him anything, and the way they both replayed that moment in their heads, after — how it all could have gone so different. Nebula’s cold fury dissipating in the face of Gamora’s flinty defiance, the way she looks into her sister’s eyes and says, Kill me, fucker, I dare you; Gamora’s smirk twisting down into an honest smile, months later, to see Nebula walking towards her across a mostly deserted shuttle bay, head high, shoulders squared, peace like sweet birdsong in the hollow of her throat.
MAKEUP UNDER $10 REC LIST
Hey there! I’ve put together a recommendations list of drugstore brand cosmetics. I figured it could be useful for those of you who might’ve just started experimenting with makeup, or if you’re just looking for new things to try. All of these products are under $10. I tried to include products that are relatively inexpensive, as even drugstore makeup can get a bit pricey. Hopefully this is helpful to some of you. Enjoy! ♡